Ralph & Lucille Boersema
Organization: International Reformed Theological College (IRTC)
Location: Bristol, Virginia USA, serving Portuguese speaking students globally
The International Reformed Theological College (IRTC), known in Portuguese as the Faculdade Internacional de Teologia Reformada (FITRef), is a Portuguese language Internet college. It teaches theology and general studies in conformity with the biblical teaching expressed in the Reformed faith.
- Serving the world’s 250+ million Portuguese-speaking people
- Providing access to courses from any Internet-connected device
- Programs suited to the personal situation of the students
- Internationally recognized distance education over the Internet
- Academic staff composed of qualified teachers from several countries
- Forming godly, obedient men and women of God
- Practical education in the context of a student’s home church
- Allowing students to continue their church ministry as they study
- Working together with churches in training through discipleship
- Committed to teaching the whole infallible Scripture
- Convinced that the Reformed faith correctly understands the Bible.
- In 2018 65 students from Brazil, Japan, India, Qatar, Mozambique, and several more countries took one or more courses in one of our bachelor’s or master’s degree programs.
- The school’s annual budget is $120,000.00. Regular receipts meet about 75% of this. Pray that more churches and Christian friends would join this missionary, educational ministry.
While the College is entirely Internet based, its address is in Bristol, VA, at the home of the president and treasurer, Ralph and Lucille Boersema. Westminster’s contributions do not go to this couple, since they are fully supported by Rev. Boersema’s mission church, Maranatha Canadian Reformed Church, Surrey, BC. The funds are for the instructors and the operation of the College. Rev. Boersema and his wife enjoy their friendship with Westminster Presbyterian Church and, on behalf of the College, as well as personally, are very thankful to the Lord and Westminster for the gracious and substantial support the Church faithfully provides. They welcome contact anytime. The information for how to reach them can be found at the College website. Sermons Rev. Boersema has preached at Westminster are available on SermonAudio.